The formal role of the Vice President can be found in the Bagnall PTA Bylaws. The day-to-day level of work is typically busy in the fall-early winter with some peaks/valley through the remainder of the year. The volume may vary depending on the amount of volunteer participation within other areas of the PTA for a given year. Responsibilities generally include:
- Verbally present Vice Presidents report at the Monthly General Meetings.
- Attend monthly Executive Committee meetings, suggest agenda items and exercise voting rights on items needing consensus.
- Plan, organize and oversee PTA welcome table at Kindergarten Orientation (both sessions). (September)
- Serve as backup for committees which are understaffed (e.g., Teacher Appreciation). Submit a monthly committee report for said committee.
- Handle all PTA “thank you” correspondence, including member donations, notes to teachers and administration. Purchase holiday gifts for custodial staff and school secretary as well as purchase tokens of appreciation for administrative professional’s day.
- Handle the process for ordering DVDs for the annual Festival of Lights program.
- Coordinate maintenance of the bulletin board in the school foyer to keep information fresh and interesting.
- Check the PTA mailbox in the Main Office and take mail into the PTA office for distribution.
- Serve as backup for the Secretary for distributing emails (of a time sensitive nature) to the PTA member email list.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the school telephone directory process.
- Along with other Executive Committee members, oversee a PTA table at Curriculum Night and Parent/Teacher Conferences and any other events to promote membership in the PTA.
- In the absence of the President, preside over the general meeting and plan agenda.
- Assist the president with other projects as needed.
- Monitor/fill the supplies in the teachers’ lounge (pens, pencils, staples, tape, etc.)